Anyone who has ever heard of the city of Orlando instantly thinks of one thing – Disney World. From there, maybe Universal Studios comes to mind, or SeaWorld, and maybe even NASA’s Kennedy Space Center located just a short distance away. But what about the actual city of Orlando? This bustling Southern metropolis has so much to offer. With more than a dozen theme parks and water parks, Orlando is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. But for residents, the city itself offers so much more.
When it comes down to it, here’s simply no way to get around the massive presence that companies like Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Orlando Resort have in and outside of the city of Orlando. With Disney providing more than 70,000 residents with jobs and Universal providing another 25,000 these two companies are the bread and butter of Orlando’s business empire. From there, Adventist Health System Sunbelt, Inc., is a major employer, along with Orange County Public Schools and the University of Central Florida. And everywhere in between, Orlando is full of hotels, resorts, restaurants, eateries, boutiques, night clubs, bars, and entertainment venues.
- Thornton Park – Thornton Park is a charming residential neighborhood located within the city of Orlando. Known for its trendy vibe and exciting boutiques, Thornton Park is a wonderful neighborhood designed for the young hipster.
- Lee Vista – Lee Vista BLVD is one of the most traveled roads in all of Orlando because it serves as a central line that helps residents navigate throughout the city. With apartments, condos, and townhomes all along this road, you can find yourself in the perfect place to navigate the whole city.
- Lake Nona – Lake Nona is a massive 17-square mile residential and commercial development located just within the city of Orlando’s limits. This planned community is located close to the airport and offers residents a fresh and new environment to embrace true Florida living.
- LaVina – This lovely neighborhood in Southeast Orlando is one of the best places to live not just in the city, but in the entire state of Florida. Known for its beautiful parks and recreation, LaVina is a wonderful place to settle down.
- Ocoee – A city located in Orange County, Ocoee is part of the Orlando metro area, but is also a city all on its own. This comfortable suburban city brings a homey vibe to Florida living with beautiful homes and charming streets.
- Metro West – Like many of Orlando’s neighborhoods, Metro West is a planned community based within the city. Designed for both residential and commercial use, Metro West offers residents a place to live, a place to shop, and a place to enjoy day in and day out.
- Grand Pines – Grand Pines is a beautiful resort near Park Square that offers apartment living, shopping, and nightlife all within close proximity.
- Azalea Park – Known for its beautiful Azalea plants, this census-designated place in Orlando is known for its natural landscapes, its shady tree-lined areas, and its stunning flowing waters. Find yourself living close to Azalea Park for true wilderness living in sunny Florida.
- Citrus Ridge – The area of Citrus Ridge is based in Four Corners, which is another census-designated community. As a suburban neighborhood, Citrus Ridge is a quiet place to buy a home and raise a family away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Kissimmee – The famous city of Kissimmee is a resort city located outside of Orlando, but with in the metro area. Kissimmee is known for its beautiful resorts and hotels, along with its staple, Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
- Casselberry – The city of Casselberry is located in the neighboring Seminole County, but is close enough to be part of the Orlando metro area. This calming and nature-inspired city features wonderful landscapes and quiet neighborhoods to call home.
- Millenia – Millenia is a neighborhood in Orlando located in close proximity to Universal Studios Florida and Universal Orlando Resort. A bustling neighborhood with stunning new developments, Millenia is a modern home for a modern Florida resident.
- South Orlando – The neighborhood of South Orlando offers prime real estate and rentals for those who are interested in living close to the city center, but outside of the daily grind.
- Hunters Creek – As a census-designated place in Orlando, Hunters Creek is a master planned community located in close proximity to Gatorland and SeaWorld Orlando, in addition to Discovery Cove. With beautiful communities and suburban streets, it’s a quiet place to call home.
- SoDo – SoDo is a massive commercial hub and shopping center located right in the heart of Orlando. For true commercial living, it doesn’t get much better. Shopping, entertainment, commerce, and living all in one.
- Downtown – Downtown Orlando is where all of the magic happens. This is precisely where the Central Business District of the city calls home. Find yourself placed right in between modern office tours, sprawling performance theaters, and exciting pubs and eateries all day long.
- Doctor Phillips – As one of the most affluent neighborhoods in Orlando, Doctor Phillips is upscale luxury living at its finest. Located in close proximity to Universal Orlando Resort.
- Stroll the streets in Downtown Orlando!
- Pay a visit to Universal Studios Florida!
- Pay a visit to Discovery Cove!
- Pay a visit to Walt Disney World Resort!
- Pay a visit to SeaWorld Orlando!
- Travel to the coast and hit the beach!
- Visit NASA’s Kennedy Space Center!
- Hunger Street Tacos – Remember, you’re in Florida. And Florida always has a big, strong Latin culture. Pay a visit to Hunger Street Tacos to score some authentic street tacos that you can enjoy all day long. Located just in between Lake Formosa and Park Lake, Hunger Street Tacos is a must!
- Victoria & Alberts – This luxurious restaurant receives honorable mentions simply because it’s located in the most prestigious resort in all of Orlando – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Perfect for a fancy night out, a celebration, or a special occasion, it offers fine dining like no other.
- Rent a car to give you access to everything that the city has to offer.
- Take the LYNX bus system to gain access to most areas in the city.
- Ride share and taxis are always a great choice!
Landing's Furnished Apartments in Orlando
Here at Landing, we offer some of the most comfortable, flexible, and modern fully furnished apartments in Orlando, FL. With fully-furnished apartments, they’re suited for both long term and short term lease options.
You’ve seen for yourself just how exciting of a city Orlando is, and now that you’ve seen everything that this wonderful city has to offer, it’s time to contact us today to learn more about how you can secure your rental. With premium furnishings, concierge service, and dedicated professional staff, Landing has everything you could ever ask for in a city that is ripe with excitement!