Thank you for using Landing!
Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of Caliza, Inc. d.b.a. Landing (“Landing,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). Landing makes available flexible occupancy accommodations of furnished residential apartment units (each a “Unit,” and the building in which such Unit is located may be referred to as the “Building”) in multi-family apartment properties (“Accommodations”) for its registered users (“Members”) on the terms and conditions provided in our Terms of Service (collectively, including the Site, the “Service”).
1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
Personal Data You Provide:
Personal Data We Collect From Third Parties:
- Registration. When you sign up for an account, we collect your full name, your home address, your email address, your phone number, your date of birth, and your social security number. We will also collect your payment-related information, such as credit card or billing information during the reservation process. We will share your payment-related information with Stripe (a third-party payment processing vendor) in order to process your payments.
- Identification. You may be asked to provide a government-issued picture ID (e.g., passport or drivers license) for identity verification purposes at account sign-up or check-in.
- Communications. If you contact us directly (e.g., via email, SMS, phone call, in-app messaging), we will collect your name, contact details, the content, date and time of your message and any attachments thereto, and other information you may directly provide to us. We will keep a record of how your communication with us was handled.
We may also receive any other information you authorize Landing to access by authorizing the SNS to provide such information.
- Background Checks. We may periodically engage with a vendor to verify your criminal history. We may collect all information that our vendor obtains from the check. Our vendor will use county, state and federal criminal databases to run the checks.
- Credit Checks. We may engage a vendor to verify your credit score. We may collect all information that our vendor gathers about you from the check.
- Third Party Accounts. We may obtain Personal Information about you from third party social networking services (“SNS”), such as Facebook, Google and LinkedIn, to link your Landing account with third party SNS accounts (each, a “Third Party Account”) by either: (i) providing your Third Party Account login information to Landing through the Service; or (ii) allowing Landing to access your Third Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third Party Account. We may receive from such third parties the following types of Personal Information:
- Facebook: ID, cover photo, email, first name, last name, age range, link, gender, location, picture, timezone, date of last update, user verification.
- Google: Google ID, name, profile URL, email address.
- LinkedIn: basic profile, email address.
- Social Media Pages. We have pages on SNSs like Instagram, Medium, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
- Vendor and Partner relationships. We receive Personal Information of employees and other individuals who are contact persons at our partners and vendors, such as contact details and other information relevant to the particular business relationship.
Personal Data Processed on Behalf of Business Customers: In order to provide the Services, we must obtain the full name, home address, email address, phone number, date of birth, and social security number of each individual who stays in one of our residential units (“Accommodations”). Through this process, we may receive Personal Data about employees and customers of our business customers that such business customers make available to us. We process that information pursuant to our Terms of Service and other agreements with our business customers. We have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Data we process on behalf of our business customers. If you are such an individual and would no longer like your data to be used by one of our business customers that use our Services or you would like to access, correct or request deletion of your data, please contact the business customer that you interact with directly.
Personal Data We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Service: When you visit, use and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
Property Usage Data: We automatically collect your Landing stay history. We may also automatically collect information regarding the use of an Accommodation (e.g., when a door was unlocked). Where required under applicable law, we will only collect property usage data with your consent.
Your Choices: : On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari
- Log Data. Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Information. Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information. We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To operate, provide, and maintain our Services, to communicate with you about our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill our contract with you, to complete your transactions, and for other customer service purposes;
- To run background and credit checks to determine whether we may reasonably admit you as a Member and allow you to book Accommodations, the results of which may be shared with of landlords and their representatives (e.g., property managers), to the extent permitted under applicable law;
- To link your Landing account with Third Party Accounts to add information from Third Party Accounts to your Landing account and Landing account profile page. Depending on the Third Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third Party Accounts, you understand that by granting us access to the Third Party Accounts, we will access, make available and store (if applicable and as permitted by the SNS and authorized by you) the information in your Third Party Accounts so that it is available on and through your Landing account on the Site and Service;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth in Section 2 above and as follows:
Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services and other information technology services providers, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services (for more details on the third parties that place cookies through the Site, please see the “Cookies” section above). Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
Landlords and property managers. We may share your name, email address, phone number, ID, birthday and address with landlords and their representatives (e.g., property managers). If permitted by applicable law, we may also share information from background checks and credit checks that we conduct. We may share reports with landlords and property managers regarding the use of their properties.
Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. DATA RETENTION
5. UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Please log in to your account or contact us if you need to change or correct your Personal Data.
6. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS DISCLOSURES
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request the categories of Personal Data we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the year preceding the request, the names and addresses of such third parties, and, in certain circumstances, examples of the products or services marketed by such third parties. These requests may be made once per year. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at 9 20th Street North Birmingham, AL 35203.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Landing does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to Landing through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Landing via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
10. Internal Users
By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Data will be transferred from your location to the facilities and servers of Company in the United States.
11. Your Choices
In certain circumstances providing Personal Data is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Data that is needed to use some features of our Services, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to ask us to update or correct your Personal Data.
13. Contact us