It should come as no surprise that the city of Dallas is quickly becoming one of the most popular destinations for those interested in long and short term apartment lease options. This modern metropolis is located right in the heart of North Texas and is considered the commercial and cultural hub of the entire region. Rich history, a vibrant arts scene, and diverse culture make Dallas a lovely southern city with something for everyone.
Dallas is considered the commercial, financial, and cultural hub of the state of Texas and the surrounding area – and for good reason. There are a number of Fortune 500 companies that call the city of Dallas their home, including Exxon Mobil, AT&T, McKesson, Southwest Airlines, J.C. Penney, GameStop, and Dean Foods to name a few. In addition, companies like 7-Eleven, At Home, Fossil, Inc., and even FedEx Office have HQs in the Dallas – Fort Worth area. Dallas also features a large community made up of small businesses and entrepreneurs alike across the industries of entertainment, nightlife, restaurants, and tourism.
Dallas is made up of a number of different neighborhoods, each with their own characteristics and special features that make them entirely unique places to live. Let’s take a look at a small selection of some of Dallas’ most popular neighborhoods.
- Stemmons/Market Center – Located just steps away from Downtown Dallas, Stemmons is known for its affiliation to the Design District. An artists’ haven, Stemmons features a number of art-based businesses, design firms, and even trendy restaurants for visitors and residents alike.
- Main Street District – If true urban living is your thing, Main Street District should be your number one destination. Featuring the Nieman Marcus flagship store, the towering Comercia Bank Tower, the lovely Bank of America Plaza, and a range of hotels, landmarks, restaurants, and a bustling downtown scene, Main Street District is true Texas city living.
- Old East Dallas – When you’re looking for a true taste of Texas history, Old East Dallas is a lovely neighborhood to check out. Featuring its own selection of small neighborhoods, Old East Dallas is filled with rich history, lovely townhomes, zero-lot garden housing, and beautiful parks and outdoor recreation options.
- North Dallas – North Dallas features one of the most affluent neighborhoods in the entire city. Filled with beautiful homes owned by the likes of people like George W. Bush and Mark Cuban, witness the stunning architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright who was instrumental in the designs of many of the mansions that you’ll find lining the streets.
- Uptown – Uptown Dallas is well known for one of the most exciting and energetic bar and restaurant scenes in the city. Featuring some well-known sports bars, and other eclectic, modern eateries, Uptown Dallas is easily the trendiest neighborhood in the entire city. Don’t forget about the vintage trolley rides too!
- Victory Park – The neighborhood of Victory Park is just another example of the development that has been going on in the city of Dallas in recent years. This master-planned development offers residents high-end living just outside of Uptown. A lovely urban community, Victory Park is luxury living at its finest, right near the home of the Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Stars.
- Galleria – Galleria is home to the Galleria Dallas shopping mall and mixed-use development. Located in the North Dallas area, Galleria provides residents with premier amenities and a shopping experience like no other.
- Deep Ellum – Deep Ellum is the entertainment hub of the city of Dallas. Featuring a wide array of nightlife options that range from exciting concert venues to hip and trendy pubs, cocktail bars, and restaurants, Deep Ellum is the perfect neighborhood for the socialite.
- Downtown – Downtown Dallas is the busy, high-energy business district that Dallas residents and Dallas visitors know and recognize. This fast-paced business district features a number of gorgeous high rise buildings, some fun lunch spots, and even a famous theater.
- Frisco – Although Frisco is not a neighborhood in Dallas, it is still part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. Frisco is a city in and of itself, and one with a nice history. Today, Frisco is an enjoyable city with a number of museums and a lovely park.
Dallas is a unique Texas city that offers an array of activities for everyone. With history, arts, sports, and entertainment, there is always something going on in Dallas!
- Visit The JFK Museum!
- Visit The Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District!
- Pay A Visit To Sundance Square!
- View the art on view at the Kimbell Art Museum, one of the top small museums in the world.
- Catch a Dallas Cowboys’ game at the AT&T Stadium.
- Stop by the Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Garden for a day of outdoor recreation.
- Visit the George W. Bush Presidential Library & Museum.
The city of Dallas, Texas is no stranger to fine southern cuisine. However, the restaurant scene is vibrant, robust, and quite diverse! Check out some of our favorite restaurants below.
- Ellie’s Restaurant – Enjoy some of your favorite seasonal American dishes cooked by famous chef Eric Dreyer. Enjoy his breakfast, lunch, and dinner options located inside the Hall Arts Hotel right in the heart of the Dallas Arts District.
- Commons Club – When you’re interested in learning more about the opulent lifestyle of billionaires like Richard Branson, check out the Commons Club located in Virgin Hotels Dallas complex. Featuring a fun and trendy location that serves up tasty classic cocktails and exciting French fusion foods.
- The Yellow Chili – This lovely Indian restaurant located in Dallas offers traditional Indian flavors and a polished, clean, and exceptional dining experience all in one. Perfect for those nights where you’re looking to add a little spice to your life.
Finding your way around in Dallas is easy thanks to a number of different transportation options found all throughout the city.
- Take a ride on the Dallas Area Rapid Transit System (DART)
- The McKinney Avenue Trolley
- Taxis & Ride Share
- Car Rentals
Landing's Furnished Apartments in Dallas
Here at Landing, we offer some of the most comfortable, flexible, and modern fully furnished apartments in Dallas, TX. Our fully-furnished apartments, are suited for both long term and short term rental lease options.
Dallas is truly the heart of North Texas. As a commercial and cultural hub, there’s always something for everyone in this lovely Texas city. With premium furnishings, concierge service, and dedicated professional staff, Landing has everything you could ever ask for in a furnished apartment
within a city that is ripe with excitement!