Austin, the state capital of Texas, is a beautiful and thriving city that’s known for its scenic views, surrounding parks and lakes, incredible food, and thriving live music scene. As the fourth most populous city in the state, it manages to perfectly balance a big city feel with small-town charm.
This city has become a business mecca, hosting massive corporations like Apple, AT&T, and General Motors. With a number of these companies offering relocation opportunities, short-term rentals or temporary housing for the business traveler has become a must in Austin!
If you’re considering a short- or long-term stay in Austin, beautiful neighborhoods to check out include:
- Mueller – This modern, eco-conscious community is the perfect place for work and play, offering a number of places to dine and enjoy the outdoors.
- Downtown – Rich with history and lively entertainment, Downtown Austin has no shortage of things to do whether you choose to dine, shop, or explore.
- Barton Hills – While still within city life distance, this neighborhood offers residents the joy of the great outdoors as it’s filled with greenery, biking trails, and the 350-acre Zilker Park.
- The Domain - Located in Northwest Austin, this neighborhood features many popular office, retail, and residential spaces.
- South Lamar - This neighborhood is home to country music and honky-tonk bars, and has many places to visit, such as art galleries, rustic pubs, and delicious eateries.
The city of Austin is chock-full of interesting sites to see, places to go, and things to do. Things we recommend include:
- Grab drinks and food while listening to live music on Sixth Street
- Hike Mount Bonnell
- Take a swim in the Barton Springs Pool
- Shop in the SoCo District
- Visit the Blanton Museum of Art
- Bike the Ann and Roy Butler Trail at Lady Bird Lake
- See McKinney Falls State Park
- Catch a game at the University of Texas at Austin
From gastropubs to microbreweries to fine dining, Austin has an unmatched and vibrant food scene. Restaurants and bites we recommend include:
- Ramen Tatsu-Ya – A popular hole-in-the-wall with three locations around Austin that’s known for its incredible ramen.
- Franklin Barbecue – As a local's favorite, this place is hands down the best brisket and BBQ in the city. It’s located by the Medical District. Get there early though because the line grows long.
- Via 313 – A Detroit-style Pizza chain located downtown, famous for its square pizzas and unique toppings.
- Tacodeli – The most famous tacos in the city. Tacodeli has several locations throughout the metropolitan area.
- Chuy’s – Commonly thought to be the pinnacle of TexMex in the area. Chuy’s is a stone’s throw from Barton Springs.
There are dozens of ways you can get around the city and see the sights. These include:
- MetroRapid – Express bus service that runs between North Austin and South Austin. It costs: $1.25 for a single ride, $2.50 for a day pass, $11.25 for a 7-day pass, and $41.25 for a 31-day pass.
- Metro Rail – 26-mile line that runs from Leander and Downtown Austin. It costs $3.50 per ride.
- Ride Share – There are hundreds of Lyfts and Ubers operating in and around the city.
- Rentals – You can rent eScooters, bikes, or eBikes for relatively little cost.
Landing's Furnished Apartments in Austin
Austin is one of the most incredible and vibrant cities in the U.S. There are so many things to do, see, eat, and experience. Our fully furnished apartments in Austin, TX make living easy so you can enjoy the most in each city. So why don’t you grab a Landing and see for yourself!
At Landing, we seek to revolutionize the way people rent and travel by providing our customers with stylish, fully-furnished landings that can be rented short-term or long-term without the hassle of a restrictive lease. From premium furnishings to concierge service, our short-term furnished rentals in Austin, TX make living here feel like home. Browse our easy-to-rent listings and find the perfect short-term or long-term furnished rentals in Austin, TX.
Live in your home, anywhere, with Landing.