The metropolis of the mid-west, Chicago is a bustling city located right on the banks of the beautiful and awe-inspiring Lake Michigan. As one of the largest cities in the United States, Chicago is always a top-choice for those looking for a short term lease in an exciting city with limitless opportunities for work, fun, and culture.
Chicago is one of the largest cities in the entire United States, which makes it a prime destination for business across industries. In fact, some of America’s largest corporations call Chicago home. For instance, the likes of Boeing, United Continental Holdings, McDonald’s, Mondelez International, and Walgreens Boots Alliance are located in or nearby the city. In addition to these major corporations, Chicago offers a prime nightlife, arts, and restaurant industry owned by small business professionals and entrepreneurs alike.
Chicago has always been a city defined by the many different neighborhoods that make up the collective. With each one filled with the likes of historic, artistic, musical, and food-based characteristics, Chicago offers something for everyone.
- Hyde Park – Located on the South Side of Chicago, Hyde Park is a prime historical destination. This beautiful area was once home to the former U.S. President Barack Obama and site of the 1893 World’s Fair. Today, you will find well known sites like the University of Chicago and The Museum of Science & Industry nestled into the streets of this neighborhood.
- Logan Square – Located on the West Side of Chicago, this lovely neighborhood features quintessential Chicagoan architecture and a lovely Sunday farmer’s market. Filled with fun dive bars and local establishments, Logan Square is the go-to spot for residents.
- West Loop – In what was once the industrial heartland of Chicago, West Loop now offers a hip, trendy, and chic foodie paradise full of exciting restaurants, modern bars, and upscale apartments located near Chicago’s business district.
- Wrigleyville – Getting its name from the home field of the Chicago Cubs, Wrigleyville is a baseball lover’s paradise. Located on the North Side of the City, you’ll find tons of souvenir shops and even a bunch of sports bars to catch the game.
- Old Town – Similar to Andersonville, Chicago’s North Side features another district called Old Town – you guessed it! Old Town is a historic district that brings us back to the olden days of the windy city. It features a number of fantastic local businesses, and it even houses the famous St. Michael’s Church, which survived the Great Chicago Fire in 1871.
- River North – When the clock strikes 5pm and it’s time to hit the city with everything you’ve got, River North should surely be on your list of destinations. This exciting neighborhood spares none when it comes to bars and restaurants, along with engaging nightlife activities. And don’t forget, there are a number of art galleries in the neighborhood too!
- South Loop – Located right along the water, South Loop is an arts community that features a vibrant and robust museum scene, complete with three of the city’s largest museums. In addition, you can find a number of jazz clubs, restaurants, and a fun historic district.
- West Loop Gate – Part of Chicago’s north side, the West Loop Gate is home to the Fulton Market District and is considered one of the more affluent areas in the city. Within this neighborhood, you’ll find a variety of architecture that ranges from contemporary high rise apartment buildings and gorgeous family mansions.
- The Loop – The Chicago Loop is a massive, vibrant, and lively neighborhood located just around the block from the Navy Pier. It features a wide range of restaurants, shops, theaters, and parks – and of course, the 108-story Willis Tower,
- Theater District – Chicago’s Theater District is as famous a neighborhood as they come! Full of numerous famous theaters that range from historic to modern, you’re sure to fall in love with the array of architectural styles found in this cozy performance-driven neighborhood.
- Streeterville – A small community located near the North Side of Chicago, Streeterville offers one of the most high-end living experiences within the city. Featuring a youthful, active neighborhood, Streeterville has everything from restaurants to exciting nightlife – located just steps away from the water.
- Fulton Market – The Fulton Market District is located near the West Side of Chicago and features a vibrant marketplace that has made Chicago one of the most famous food cities in the entire Midwest!
- Central Business District – Like the name says, Chicago’s Central Business District is the premiere business neighborhood in the city. With tons of high rises, the neighborhood is certainly not without its awe. Find a nice apartment, or a super modern high-rise condo and fall in love with the windy city.
Chicago is an exciting city that offers a number of different recreational activities for people from all walks of life. Take a look down below to find something fun for everyone!
- Visit the Time Out Market in Chicago!
- Catch an outdoor concert in Millennium park or view a public art exhibition.
- Take a tour of Chicago’s famous architectural sights aboard the First Lady.
- Visit the Garfield Park Conservatory.
- Take a tour of the Art Institute of Chicago and view their permanent collection of more than 300,000 works.
- See some animals and wildlife at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
- Catch a Cubs’ game at Wrigley Field.
- Pay a visit to the United Center to watch the puck drop for a Blackhawks’ game.
It’s no secret that Chicago’s restaurant scene is vibrant, robust, and exceptionally diverse. Take a look down below to learn all about the best restaurants in Chicago.
- Superdawg Drive-In – When you’re looking for a fun, simple, and authentic drive-in experience, Superdawg is the best place around. Try their modern take on the traditional Chicago-style hot dog and see what the new wave of Chicago’s traditional cuisine looks like.
- Pequod’s Pizza – How can you visit Chicago without trying a slice of some Chicago Deep Dish pizza? Pequod’s serves their very own style of thick-crust pizza that takes the best of the traditional Chicago Deep Dish and puts a modern twist on it.
- Alinea – Alinea is the world renowned avant garde fine dining experience that anyone who visits Chicago simply must experience. It’s one of the best restaurants not only in Chicago, but in the entire world. Located right in the heart of Lincoln Park!
There are dozens of ways you can get around the city and see the sights. These include:
- The Chicago Transit Authority
- Ride Share & Public Taxis
- The Metra Rail (High Speed Commuter Rail)
- Water Taxis
- Biking & Walking
Landing's Furnished Apartments in Chicago
Here at Landing, we offer some of the most comfortable, flexible, and modern fully furnished apartments in Chicago, IL. With fully-furnished apartments, they’re suited for both long term and short term lease options.
Chicago is a city like no other and it’s located right in the heart of the Mid-West! Find the right long term or short term lease option today and enjoy a historic city with some of the most beautiful views of Lake Michigan. With premium furnishings, concierge service, and dedicated professional staff, Landing has everything you could ever ask for in a city that is ripe with excitement!