The city of Charlotte, North Carolina is a major city and one of the largest commercial hubs in the state, in addition to the southern half of the Eastern seaboard. As a city with a rich and vibrant history that brings residents and tourists back to the time of the civil war, Charlotte strives to embrace it’s new persona as a modern urban environment, without forgetting its history. Along with its standing as an historic city and a financial hub, Charlotte is also a university town full of thousands of students and young professionals looking to make a name for themselves. With beautiful neighborhoods, exciting eateries, and opportunity around every corner, Charlotte is a vibrant city fit to call home.
The city of Charlotte is home to a number of important businesses that employ some of the city’s residents, in addition to those who live in the neighboring towns and cities outside of the city limits. Charlotte is home to a bustling financial center, and it houses the HQs of some of our nation’s largest Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies. For instance, Bank of America, Lowe’s, Brighthouse Financial, Coca-Cola Bottling Company, and more are all based within the city. From there, one could explore the wealth of additional industries and businesses based within the city limits and outside of them. For instance, there’s the NASCAR Hall of Fame, the US National Whitewater Center, Carowinds amusement park, Discover Place Science, and so much more.
Neighborhoods in Charlotte
- Plaza Midwood – As one of Charlotte’s trendiest neighborhoods, Plaza Midwood is a lovely place to live as a young professional or to raise a family. Laid-back, calm, quiet, and totally hip, Plaza Midwood is a beautiful place during the day, and an exciting destination at night. The Neighborhood is full of exciting dive bars and restaurants, along with stores and boutiques where one could score vintage clothing, records, antiques, and local artisan goods. A perfect place to explore after a grinding day at work in the city.
- South End – The South End neighborhood is city living at its very core. Featuring a number of eateries, restaurants, and trendy craft breweries and pubs, South End is the entertainment district of the city of Charlotte. Lose yourself in the streets, walking through historic neighborhoods with repurposed buildings like the Atherton Mill and Market. From there, connect with local artisans and shop their handmade products. And during the week, don’t forget to check out an opening at one of the city’s commercial fine art galleries. Then, when it’s time for exercise, go for a walk or a ride on the Charlotte Rail Trail located nearby. South End is an exciting neighborhood that has something for everyone.
- Fourth Ward – Located in uptown Charlotte, Fourth Ward is a unique and charming neighborhood with walkable streets, warm and cozy restaurants, and family-friendly pubs, restaurants, and burger joints. In the vicinity, one could find a number of entertainment options that include everything from the beautiful sprawling grounds of the Fourth Ward Park, to the Discovery Place Science Museum. Not to mention, Fourth Ward is also home to the famous Fillmore music venue and the AvidXchange Music Factory Complex.
Remember, Charlotte is more than just a financial metropolis – it’s home to a bustling entertainment and recreation industry that residents and tourists take advantage of each and every day. From exploring the city’s rich history through its museums, to going whitewater rafting, visiting Carowinds amusement park, or hitting the town for some live music and a beer, Charlotte has something for everyone.
- Go Whitewater rafting at the US National Whitewater Center!
- Pay a visit to a Charlotte Knights minor league baseball game!
- Go for a ride around Lake Norman!
- Ride every rollercoaster at Carowinds!
- Attend a brew tour and explore Charlotte’s brewery scene!
- See a live music performance at the Fillmore!
- Check out the NASCAR Hall of Fame!
- Barcelona Wine Bar – Charlotte is known for its pubs, trendy breweries, and unique burger joints, but the Barcelona Wine Bar is a different type of experience that anyone can enjoy. Featuring Spanish tapas and a lovely wine bar, Barcelona Wine Bar embraces true Spanish culture with an impressive wine list and a long wait for Tapas – but that’s exactly what makes a night out at Barcelona Wine Bar such an experience. Take it all in slowly, but surely.
- The Stanley – Opened by the world renowned James Beard Award semifinalist, Chef Paul Verica, The Stanley is a relatively new restaurant that serves as the direct answer to Verica’s previous restaurant in Charlotte, Heritage. The Stanley is known for its seasonal menu with locally sourced ingredients, along with a beautiful ambiance that anyone can fall in love with just after spending a few moments in the restaurant.
- The Asbury – The Asbury is a charming southern-themed restaurant located right in the heart of the historic Dunhil Hotel. With an upscale vibe and a modern menu, The Asbury is always a great choice for those looking to access some authentic southern food in a warm and cozy atmosphere. Enjoy their Cast Iron Biscuits and marvel over their coffee!
- Ride the LYNX Blue Line Light Rail connecting South Charlotte to the City Center!
- Ride the CityLYNX Gold Line street car system for a vintage ride through the city!
- Access the Charlotte Area Transit System bus service.
- Charlotte is a beautiful bike-able and walkable city.
Landing's Furnished Apartments in Charlotte
Here at Landing, we offer some of the most comfortable, flexible, and modern fully furnished apartments
in Charlotte, NC. With fully-furnished apartments, they’re suited for both long term and short term lease options.
You’ve seen for yourself just how exciting of a city Charlotte is, and now that you’ve seen everything that this wonderful city has to offer, it’s time to contact us today to learn more about how you can secure your rental. With premium furnishings, concierge service, and dedicated professional staff, Landing has everything you could ever ask for in a city that is ripe with excitement!