Looking for a furnished apartment in San Francisco? San Francisco has for decades been considered the jewel of the West Coast. With its iconic cable cars, steep rolling hills, diverse neighborhoods, and eclectic mix of architecture and landmarks, there are few places on earth as unique and vibrant.
Home to nearly a million residents, this historic metropolitan is widely known as the cultural, culinary, commercial, and financial center of Northern California. This city is a thriving tech hub with Silicon Valley serving as the global center for technological innovation and social media. Big businesses in the area like Salesforce, Uber, Airbnb, and Twitter make this city a home for business travelers and hard-working residents.
Neighborhoods in San Francisco
Thinking about living in SF? We suggest you check out the following neighborhoods:
- Haight Ashbury – This diverse neighborhood is as unique as it is bold, and filled with restaurants, bars, and fun shops.
- Nob Hill – Known for its steep hills, Victorians, and famous restaurants, Nob Hill is one of the most historic and glamorous districts in San Francisco.
- North Beach – Called “Little Italy” by many, this popular tourist destination is nestled between Chinatown and Fisherman’s Wharf.
- SoMa – South Market is an industrial area that’s within walking distance of dozens of restaurants, breweries, art galleries, and nightclubs.
- Union Square - Located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, Union Square is home to the city’s best shopping featuring the biggest names in fashion. in addition, it’s in close proximity to hotels, galleries and more.
- Mission Bay - This up-and-coming neighborhood offers great views of the bay, AT&T Park, and the Embarcadero.
- Hayes Valley - This hip community features many of the city’s must-try food spots and is home to art galleries, exciting nightlife, and upscale fashion boutiques.
- Rincon Hill - Located on one of the original “Seven Hills,” this neighborhood is walking distance from many local parks, delicious restaurants, and trendy shops.
- San Mateo - Just outside of San Francisco, this suburban town is a comfortable location for families and young professionals.
- Oakland - Located on the east side of the bay, this neighborhood is just a short commute from the city and boasts some of the best food and art in the area.
- Mission District - This lively area is centered around Dolores Park and is known for its diverse culture, beautiful skyline views, and trendy nightclubs and restaurants.
As a major tourist destination, there are dozens upon dozens of interesting sights to see and activities to try. We recommend the following:
- Go for a run across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Hit the Waterfront at Fisherman’s Wharf
- Relax in Golden Gate Park
- Catch a Giants Game at AT&T Park
- Climb to the top of Coit Tower for a 360 degree view of the city
SF is known for its culinary scene. Seeing as there are so many to choose from, we’ve curated a list of favorites:
- Saison – Ranked at number 27 on the world’s best 50 restaurants, this high-end Michelin star French-American fusion is perfect for a special occasion.
- Brenda’s French Soul Food – A New Orleans style restaurant, Brenda’s offers a variety of Cajun fare from incredible beignets to tasty po’boys.
- Burma Superstar – Known as the best Burmese restaurant in the bay area, this is the home of the fabulous Samusa Soup and the Rainbow Salad.
Need to get around? This is a big city and many places are not within walking distance. So here are your options for getting around SF:
- BART – The Bay Area Rapid Transit is a fast and inexpensive way to get around the city.
- Metro Bus – Bus lines also run throughout SF city 24/7.
- Trolley – While the trolley can take you to certain sections of the city, the price of fares make it more of a tourist attraction than regular transit.
- Ride Shares – Uber and Lyft run 24/7 throughout the city.
Landing's Furnished Apartments in San Francisco
San Francisco is a unique and storied city filled with amazing sights to see, places to eat, and things to do. Maybe it’s time you call it home?
At Landing, our mission is to turn each one of our furnished apartments in San Francisco into your home away from home. Wherever you stay, you’ll find a beautifully designed, fully-furnished apartment that requires no long-term lease commitment to rent. You decide how long you stay and when you go. Our fully-furnished apartment rentals are easy to rent and are move-in ready. Whether you're looking for a one-bedroom apartment, a building with a fitness center, or an apartment close to downtown, we've got you covered. All San Francisco furnished rentals come fully stocked and furnished with everything from bespoke furniture to cutlery and tableware to WiFi. We’ve made sure to add every detail, so each apartment feels like home, rather than temporary housing. So whether you need corporate housing or travel nurse housing, short- or long-term housing, our furnished apartments for rent offer everything one would need in a temporary home.
Browse our short term furnished rentals in San Francisco. With a number of listings, you'll be sure to find your home away from home.