New York, New York—a city so great they named it twice. From the Statue of Liberty, to Wall Street, to Central Park, to Broadway, to Times Square, there are few cities on earth that could be considered more iconic, making it the ideal place to search for a furnished apartment.
The “city that never sleeps” is the most populous and densely populated metropolis in the U.S. and is jam-packed with culinary, entertainment, and artistic delights. It's no wonder that this place is a hub for travelers and residents. With big businesses like American Express, Verizon, and IBM, corporate housing and fully furnished apartments have also become needed for business travelers in the Big Apple.
Neighborhoods in New York
Are you considering a move to NYC and in need of a furnished NYC apartment? If so, you’ll have to decide between one of these five neighborhoods when looking for rentals in NYC:
- Chelsea - Located on the west side of Manhattan, this residential neighborhood is home to many ethnically diverse retail businesses and features hundreds of art galleries.
- Tribeca - Home to Tribeca Film Festival, this neighborhood is located in Lower Manhattan near the Hudson River and is known for its industrial buildings, stylish boutiques, and beloved restaurants.
- Financial District - Known for the infamous Wall Street, this bustling, historically-rich neighborhood is located on the southern tip of Manhattan and attracts many young professionals.
- Lower East Side - This lively neighborhood is well-known for its hip nightlife and is full of trendy bars, restaurants, and shops.
- Midtown West - Also known as Hell’s Kitchen, this neighborhood is right by Times Square and is home to many actors, art establishments, and upscale restaurants and bars.
- Hudson Yards - One of the newest neighborhoods in New York, this location offers diverse shops and restaurants, along with public art institutions.
- Meatpacking District - This hip neighborhood is located on the West Side and features the Whitney Museum of American Art, designer shops, and popular restaurants.
- Brooklyn - Home to beautiful parks and breathtaking skyline views, this neighborhood features a dynamic community and is full of great music, delicious food, and funky art studios.
In a city so large and fabulous, there are a million things to do throughout all seasons. We suggest you at least try some of the following ideas:
- Catch a play on Broadway
- Watch the Yankees play at Yankee Stadium
- See a show at NYC Radio City Music Hall
- Stroll through Central Park
- Soak in the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Check out Time Square
From Italian to Indian and every cuisine in between, there are literally thousands of restaurants to choose from, but some of our favorites are:
- Joe’s Pizza – Although it’s not the best Pizza in NYC, it is quintessential of New York and a slice of pie from Joes is a must-try for any would-be New Yorker.
- Katz’s Delicatessen – This iconic Brooklyn deli is renowned for its stacked pastrami sandwiches.
- Grimaldi’s Pizzeria – One of NYC’s most beloved brick oven pizzas, Grimaldi’s lies beneath the shadow of the Brooklyn Bridge and always has a line of people waiting to try its pie.
- Magnolia Bakery - This bakery began in Manhattan’s West Village and gained popularity from the show Sex and the City. Now with a variety of locations, there’s no excuse not to try one of their infamous cupcakes.
- The Polo Bar - This hot spot is Ralph Lauren’s first restaurant ever opened in New York. Its warm, elegant, and sophisticated vibe attracts a long waiting list of people to the door - so remember to book in advance!
Unlike many other cities in the U.S., NYC has an efficient transit system you can use to get around the city, including:
- MTA Subway – The subway has stations that connect throughout all 5 boroughs of the city that operate 24/7. You can purchase single subway rides for $2.75.
- MTA Bus – Bus lines also run throughout the city 24/7 and one-way fares start at $2.75.
- Taxis – The city’s fleet of yellow taxi cabs run at all hours and have a minimum fare of $2.50.
- Ride Shares – Uber and Lyft are available. Simply request a ride, hop in, and go.
Landing's Furnished Apartments in New York
The Big Apple beckons you to come experience its thousands of sights, smells, and delights. Our move-in ready furnished apartments
feature all the amenities renters will need to have a comfortable stay. While you stay here, you might as well be home. Landing’s furnished apartments in NYC offer just that.
At Landing, we make it easy for travelers to settle down or pick up and go. We do so by providing them with fully furnished apartments that can serve as short-term rentals or long-term rentals. With no restrictive lease terms or harassing landlords, our furnished rentals in NYC are easy to rent and move-in ready. Each apartment is fully furnished from the bedroom to the kitchen with luxury amenities such as fully equipped kitchens with stainless steel appliances, shared outdoor terraces, doormen and more. Our short-term rentals are furnished with luxury furniture and stocked with housekeeping items, so all you need to bring is your suitcase and yourself. And when you stay with us, you get the luxury of a hotel sans the prices. We offer our members 24/7 concierge services, regular cleaning, and maintenance if necessary. Whether you need a place for temporary housing or an extended stay, Landing offers a new way to live. A better way.
Browse our listings of furnished rentals in NYC to find your home away from home.