When you think of Florida, a number of cities might come to mind – and Fort Lauderdale is certainly one of them. This lovely coastal city located on the southeastern coast of the state is known for its sprawling sandy beaches, its lovely boating canals, and its famous Strip, located parallel to highway A1A. Fort Lauderdale is a bustling seaside city that is home to tourists throughout the year and year ‘round residents who love nothing more than hitting the beach 7 days a week all year ‘round.
Much of Fort Lauderdale’s economy is centered around tourism, which makes it a prime destination for small businesses and entrepreneurs who are engaged in the tourism, entertainment, nightlife, and restaurant industries. However, there are also a number of big businesses and corporations that call Fort Lauderdale home. For instance, American Express has their corporate HQ in Fort Lauderdale, Costa Cruise Lines has an HQ in the city, as well as JetBlue Travel Products, Marriott International, Microsoft, and Royal Caribbean, among others.
Neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale is a beautiful seaside city that features a number of different neighborhoods to live in. Many of them are lined by lovely canals and beautiful seaside environments, and others are located near the famous Strip, which serves as Fort Lauderdale’s bustling commercial hub.
- Harbor Park – If you’re looking for the true Fort Lauderdale experience, Harbor Park is for you. As one of the most affluent and exclusive neighborhoods in the city, you can enjoy everything that Fort Lauderdale has to offer – from private beaches, to a vibrant marina.
- Las Olas Isles – This massive island community is made up of a larger neighborhood situated within Venice. However, Las Olas Isles is a lovely and active waterside community and ultimately, a sea-lover’s paradise. Featuring beautiful seaside views, waterside dining, and some of the best shopping that Fort Lauderdale has to offer, Las Olas Isles is certainly island living at its finest.
- Plantation - Plantation is a lovely, green neighborhood located just a few short miles from the bustling downtown of Florida’s Fort Lauderdale. Considered a golfer’s delight, Plantation offers residents beautiful and expansive neighborhoods, new high-rise developments, and a wide range of shopping and dining options.
- Flagler Village – If you’re looking for an indie, trendy, and hipster neighborhood in Fort Lauderdale, Flagler Village should be your #1 choice. This unique neighborhood was once an industrial warehouse district. Today, it’s full of artists and galleries!
- Hollywood – No, not that Hollywood! Hollywood is a beautiful city located just south of Fort Lauderdale that features a long and expansive boardwalk that runs right to the heart of Fort Lauderdale. With a vibrant arts community and an exciting downtown, Hollywood is certainly a sight to be seen.
- Dania Beach – Dania Beach is a city located just between Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale, giving residents the best of both worlds. Although it doesn’t offer coastal living like Hollywood or Fort Lauderdale, it’s as close as you can get!
- Downtown – Fort Lauderdale’s Downtown neighborhood is as busy and as high-end as they come! This marine community features a number of restaurants, hotels, nightlife, and so much more for someone looking for a city living along the coast.
- Marina Mile – Marina Mile is Fort Lauderdale’s yacht hub. Featuring a number of marinas located right along the central water way that runs through the city, if yachting is your thing, Marina Mile is your place.
Fort Lauderdale is a true seaside city that offers everything that those who love the warm weather could ever dream of. Located right on the coastline, this vibrant city is made up of people from all walks of life, which means that it offers something for everyone.
- Visit Los Olas Boulevard and stop for a beverage at one of their famous outdoor cafes.
- Enjoy the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District for a day of culture.
- Take a boat tour along the Intracoastal Waterway and Millionaire’s Row.
- Visit the Flamingo Gardens for a view of the City’s private Everglades wildlife sanctuary.
- Enjoy an exciting shopping experience at The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale filled with 120 high-end stores.
Fort Lauderdale is a seaside city, which means that there’s never any shortage of seaside cuisine. However, it is also a rich cultural city, which means that you can always find a variety of dining establishments to suit your taste preferences.
- El Camino – When you’re looking for a cheap, yet delicious, trendy, and chic place to experience some authentic Mexican cuisine, El Camino should always be your destination with $2 taco Tuesdays!
- Dune – Located inside the prestigious and luxurious Auberge Beach Residences, one will find Dune – a lovely restaurant that features Napa Valley Wines, lovely seaside surf food, and even some traditional Mexican dishes.
- Chima Steakhouse – A Brazilian steakhouse like no other, located just near the lovely Las Olas Boulevard, Chima is always the perfect destination for a meal after spending the day strolling up and down Las Olas. With a diverse and robust menu, there’s something for the whole family at Chima.
There are dozens of ways you can get around the city and see the sights. These include:
- Fort Lauderdale is very much a walkable city!
- Don’t forget about renting a bike!
- Amtrak has a station in Fort Lauderdale.
- Broward County Transit is always a reliable option.
- The Brightline express train with stops in West palm Beach and Downtown Fort Lauderdale.
Landing's Furnished Apartments in Fort Lauderdale
Here at Landing, we offer some of the most comfortable, flexible, and modern fully furnished apartments in Fort Lauderdale, FL. With fully furnished apartment
, they’re suited for both long term and short term lease options.
For a seaside escape like no other, Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a prime destination. With premium furnishings, concierge service, and dedicated professional staff, Landing has everything you could ever ask for in a city that is ripe with excitement!