Boston, Massachusetts is the quintessential New England city. Situated just at the edge of the coast, Boston is a historic city as much as it is a modern metropolis. Known for its famous historical landmarks and its numerous districts that embrace the many different faces of a diverse city, Boston is always a prime destination for those looking for a furnished apartment
with easy access to a fun and atmospheric city.
Boston is a vibrant, rich, and robust city that is filled with businesses and industries of all kind. As a historic fishing and maritime city, Boston has grown quite a bit since its colonial times. Today, the likes of General Electric, Emack & Bolio’s, and more call Boston their home. With so much industry spread throughout a rather small city, Boston is considered a hub for innovation. Not to mention, the likes of Boston College, Boston University, Harvard University, and MIT are all located nearby, which makes the city a prime destination for some of the brightest minds of this generation and next.
There is a neighborhood for everyone among the 23 different ones in Boston but, we’ll focus on a selection of five. These five are considered the most popular neighborhoods in the city.
- Charlestown – Charlestown is another historic neighborhood that gets its reputation from the Irish heritage that once made the neighborhood a haven for workers. Today, Charlestown is a unique community that features a number of historic monuments and a vibrant working-class community. Full of Irish pubs and fun restaurants, Charlestown is always a bustling neighborhood day in and day out.
- North End – North End is home to the Italian-American culture that has made Boston so famous – alongside its Irish heritage, of course! Here, you can explore a tourist-centric neighborhood with exciting sights like Paul Revere’s house, and stop for lunch at one of the many lovely Italian restaurants like Mike’s Pastry.
- Cambridge – Although Cambridge is not necessarily a neighborhood of Boston, it is still considered part of the Boston metropolitan area, which is why it’s such a desirable neighborhood for college students, young professionals, and lawmakers alike. Located just across the Charles River, Cambridge is home to the famous Harvard University, and is well known for its exciting college town, full of restaurants, bars, cafes, bookstores, and of course, the Harvard Art Museums. And don’t forget about the prestigious Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which is also located in Cambridge.
- South Boston – For years and years, South Boston was always known as a working-class community. With a number of industries, it still very much has a working-class air about it. However, in recent years, it has transformed into a trendy hub for some of the best restaurants, hotels, and bars that Boston has to offer. In fact, it’s even got a fancy new name, the Seaport District.
- Downtown Boston – How can we forget Downtown Boston! This bustling business district has been the center of Boston since the early 1700s. Today, it features City Hall Plaza, office buildings, and even historic tourist activities like the Freedom Trail.
No matter your interests or lifestyle, Boston has it all. With our flexible lease offerings, there is a chance to discover a new way of living wherever you choose in the Boston area.
Boston is truly a city for anyone – with activities that range from outdoor recreation, to history-filled activities, to the performing arts and the fine arts, and even tons of live sporting events, Boston has something for everyone.
- Visit the Faneuil Hall Marketplace for a day of food and shopping.
- Walk the Freedom Trail through Boston’s most historic landmarks.
- Visit the Cheers Bar and sit down at the counter for a pint.
- Rent a bike and ride through the city’s most exciting districts and neighborhoods.
- Visit the Back Bay’s vibrant and upscale commercial shopping district.
- Stroll up and down Newberry Street.
- If you are a sports fanatic, pay a visit to Fenway Park to see the Boston Red Sox hit one over the fence, or head over to TD Gardens to catch a Boston Celtics or Bruins game!
- Book tickets for a show in Boston’s Theatre District
Boston features one of the most diverse dining scenes in all of New England. From the authentic Italian restaurants to the Irish-born pub food that can be found in one of the bars of Charlestown, Boston has dining options for any occasion!
- Tasting Counter – Owned by renowned Chef Peter Ungar, the Tasting Counter is one of the most unique restaurants in all of Boston. Featuring a 20-seat counter where the chef cooks for guests in person, you can enjoy lovely flavors and tasty samples with every bite.
- Field & Vine – For those nights where vegetables are on your mind, Field & Vine is a premiere destination. Lose yourself in a whirlwind of fresh veggies and tasty protein paired dishes – all made fresh.
There are dozens of ways you can get around the city and see the sights. These include:
- Boston Public Transportation (MBTA)
- Ride Share
- Amtrak Services (South Station, Back Bay Station, North Station)
Landing's Furnished Apartments in Boston
Here at Landing, we offer some of the most comfortable, flexible, and modern fully furnished apartments in Boston, MA. With fully-furnished apartments, they’re suited for both long term and short term lease options.
Find the right extended stay or short term lease option today and enjoy a beautiful New England City. With premium furniture and finishes, concierge service, and dedicated professional staff, Landing has everything you could ever ask for in a city that is ripe with history and excitement!