Moving to Dallas: A Comprehensive Guide
Located in the heart of North Texas, Dallas is considered the commercial, financial, and cultural hub of the entire region. Rich history, a vibrant arts scene, and a diverse culture make Dallas a lovely southern city with something for everyone.
Businesses in Dallas
In addition, companies like 7-Eleven, At Home, Fossil, Inc., and even FedEx Office are headquartered in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Dallas also features a large community of small businesses and entrepreneurs across the entertainment, nightlife, dining, and tourism industries.
Neighborhoods in Dallas
Dallas is made up of a number of different neighborhoods, each with their own characteristics and special features. Here’s our breakdown of a small selection of some of the most popular neighborhoods in Dallas:
- Stemmons/Market Center: Located just steps away from Downtown Dallas, Stemmons is known for its affiliation with the Design District. An artist’s haven, Stemmons features a number of art-based businesses, design firms, and even trendy restaurants that locals love.
- Main Street District: If true urban living is your thing, Main Street District should be your No. 1 destination. Featuring the Neiman Marcus flagship store, towering Commercial Bank Tower, the Bank of America Plaza, and a range of hotels, landmarks, and restaurants, this bustling downtown scene represents Texas city living.
- Old East Dallas: When you’re looking for a taste of Texas history, check out Old East Dallas. This neighborhood is filled with rich history, lovely townhomes, zero-lot garden housing, and beautiful parks and outdoor recreation options.
- North Dallas: This is one of the most affluent neighborhoods in the entire city. Filled with beautiful homes owned by the likes of George W. Bush and Mark Cuban, this neighborhood features the stunning architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright, who was instrumental in designing many of the mansions you’ll find lining the North Dallas streets.
- Uptown Dallas: This trendy neighborhood is well known for its exciting and energetic bar and restaurant scene, featuring sports bars and other eclectic, modern eateries. Don’t forget to take a vintage trolley ride, too!
- Victory Park: This neighborhood is another example of the development that has been underway in Dallas in recent years. This master-planned development offers residents high-end living just outside of Uptown. A lovely urban community, Victory Park is luxury living at its finest, right near the home of the Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Stars.
- Galleria: This area is home to the Galleria Dallas shopping mall and mixed-use development. Located in the North Dallas area, Galleria provides apartments with premier amenities and a shopping experience like no other.
- Deep Ellum: This neighborhood is the entertainment hub of Dallas. Deep Ellum is the perfect spot for the socialite, featuring a wide array of nightlife options such as exciting concert venues, hip and trendy pubs, cocktail bars, and restaurants.
- Downtown Dallas: This is the busy, high-energy business district that Dallas residents and visitors alike know and recognize. This fast-paced business district features a number of gorgeous high-rise buildings, some fun lunch spots, and even a famous theater.
Recreation and things to do in Dallas
Dallas is a unique Texas city that offers an array of activities for everyone. Whether you’re into history, the arts, sports, or entertainment, there’s always something going on in Dallas that you’ll enjoy. Here are some of our recommendations:
- Visit the Sixth Floor Museum to learn about JFK and his legacy.
- Visit the Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District.
- Pay a visit to Sundance Square.
- Admire some art at the Kimbell Art Museum.
- Catch a Dallas Cowboys game at the AT&T Stadium.
- Stop by the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden.
- Visit the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum.
Dining in Dallas
The city of Dallas, Texas is no stranger to fine southern cuisine. However, the restaurant scene is vibrant, robust, and quite diverse! Here are some of our favorites:
- Ellie’s Restaurant: Enjoy some of your favorite seasonal American dishes cooked by famous chef Eric Dreyer. Ellie’s Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner inside the Hall Arts Hotel, right in the heart of the Dallas Arts District.
- Commons Club: When you’re interested in learning more about the opulent lifestyle of billionaires like Richard Branson, check out the Commons Club, located in the Virgin Hotels Dallas complex. This restaurant features a fun and trendy location that serves up tasty classic cocktails and exciting French fusion foods.
- The Yellow Chilli: This lovely Indian restaurant in Dallas offers traditional Indian flavors and a polished, exceptional dining experience all in one. The Yellow Chilli is perfect for the nights when you’re looking to add a little spice to your food.
Transportation in Dallas
Finding your way around Dallas is easy thanks to a number of different transportation options throughout the city:
- The Dallas Area Rapid Transit System (DART)
- The McKinney Avenue Trolley
- Taxis and ride-share options like Uber and Lyft
- Car rentals
Landing’s furnished apartments in Dallas
If you’re thinking about moving to Dallas, Landing offers furnished apartments throughout the city with flexible lease terms that let you stay as long as you want. Whether you’re searching for corporate housing options in Dallas for an extended work assignment, or a furnished rental while you look for a permanent housing option, Landing can work for you.
At Landing, we want to revolutionize the way people rent apartments by providing our members with easy access to modern, fully furnished apartments that can be rented short-term or long-term, without the hassle of a restrictive lease. With premium amenities such as granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, fitness centers, swimming pools, and concierge services, our apartments in Dallas make living here feel like home.